Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ft. Sumter: Charleston, SC

I returned to the U.S and I decided a few weekends after my return I needed to get back to my Southern roots. What better place than to visit one of the most historical southern cities in the U.S (also a couple of friends live here).
This is where the Civil War began aka 'the war between the states', 'the war of northern aggression', 'war for southern independence', ' war of rebellion'.
To arrive at the site you have to take a ferry around the harbour which is about a 30 minute ride and you walk around the site for about 2 hours.








They covered up where the cannons would have gone through in some areas but this is where the cannons would have been placed. 

 The mortar of the bricks



The battery

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Traveling Gator, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena