Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labour Day! Food Appreciation post

So tomorrow is labour day, which means I am off from classes and I get to eat some delicious barbecue. I would then like to dedicate this post to the food I had eaten when I was abroad in Europe. It was delicious and I cannot wait to return to eat them again!

Ireland:
Fish and Chips
The cheaper version of Bailey's that we had nicknamed Failey's (Fake Bailey's). It was delicious! I wish I had brought a bottle with me
Corned beef with 4 different kinds of potatoes and cabbage from O'Neilly's near Trinity College


Cheesecake and Ice cream with raspberry syrup

Nando's- I want to go back, I wish I had a one near me! It was grilled chicken with mango sauce, garlic bread and coleslaw

I don't have pictures of these but other things to try when visiting the Emerald Isle: Bulmer's Cider, Galway Hooker (a light beer), Irish breakfast (black and white pudding with bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms and beans). Something else I tried was Apple Cider soda; thought it would taste similar to ginger ale. I was extremely incorrect and it was disgusting.

UK:
Fowey, Cornwall- Tea, Scone with jam and clotted cream

Fowey, Cornwall- Cornish pastry

Tintagel, Cornwall  - Coffee with a scone

Tintagel, Cornwall - Cornish crab sandwich, chips and salad

London - An Arab restuarant called Maroush. There is lamb meat on hummus, salad, rice, pitas, and a vegetarian dish that had garbanzos, tomatoes and other veggies.

2 comments:

  1. All of this looks delicious. However, the cornish pastry looks as if there is a tiny face on it. I'd be hesitant to eat that.

    ReplyDelete

© The Traveling Gator, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena