Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cliffs of Moher

Located in County Clare, Ireland near Galway, and the Aran Islands can be seen in the distance on a good day. The cliffs are a 5 mile stretch along the Atlantic. The day we had gone it was misty and windy, it was so windy that I felt like I was going to go over the cliffs.
After doing some research on the cliffs I found out that they can be seen in pop culture, they are in movies like The Princess Bride, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Leap Year.
There is also something worth mentioning, apparently the Cliffs are a known suicide spot and I saw a couple of signs and barriers.
Cliffs of Moher is known for bird-watching and there is a puffin colony nearby, and other varieties of birds can be seen.
They have student priced  tickets, so make sure you bring your ID with you!
Unfortunately my camera had died on the trip so I apologize for my lack of photos.



O' Brien's tower in the distance, he believed in developing tourism as a way to boost the economy at the local level.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Traveling Gator, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena