Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe

I have been asked by several people for my pumpkin cheesecake recipe because it is very moist and delicious. So here is my secret, not so secret any more recipe. (Makes 2 pies)

Crust:
I used the graham cracker box because my graham crackers had been thrown away by mistake. I just followed the recipe on the box for the butter. I also added a pinch of cinnamon and sugar to the mix

Filling:
1 can of pureed pumpkin (I prefer Libby's)
1 can of evaporated milk
2 large eggs
1 box of Philadelphia cream cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of almond extract
1 cup of sugar
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425. And once it hits the 425 I reduced it to 400, and then reduced it again to 375 once the pie was in the oven.

Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and salt together.

Mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk and cream cheese together

Beat the eggs and the add both the sugar, cinnamon, and salt mixture with the pumpkin, milk and cheese mixture. Blend well. Towards the end add the vanilla and almond extract.

During the time that the everything is mixing you should make the crust (in a deep dish pie pan).

Once your crust is made then you should pour your mixture into the pan and then bake! This recipe makes 2 pies!



When you're about ready to put it in the oven, you should put tinfoil around the crust only (I forgot to and it burned the upper portion of the crust :( )

Bake for about 30 mins with the tinfoil on the crust and then remove and bake for another 15 minutes. The pie normally takes about 40-50 minutes to bake, so plan accordingly. Have a knife ready to check if it fully cooked, if it comes out clean after you inserted in pie then it is fully baked!

Let it cool for about 20 minutes and it is ready to eat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Traveling Gator, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena